Phoenix American Financial Services and PAFS Ireland, Ltd. Announce Continued Business Growth and Expansion of its Presence in Ireland in 2022
Performance for the year reflects broad service suite for aviation ABS and other structured finance vehicles.
P hoenix American Financial Services and its subsidiary PAFS Ireland, Ltd. (together “Phoenix American”), announces robust growth and business line development for 2022 with a corresponding increase in staff and physical footprint for its Shannon, Ireland office. The company continues to be the leading provider of its services to the aviation asset-backed securitization (ABS) industry for commercial aircraft leasing with an expanding service offering to additional structured finance vehicles.
Managing Agent Services for Aviation ABS
In 2022, Phoenix American continued in its industry-leading role as the managing agent of choice for aviation ABS transactions as well as expanding its corporate services and fund accounting services for leasing platforms, warehouses and other financial structures sponsored by major aircraft leasing companies.
Highlights for 2022 include:
- Phoenix American’s total assets under administration rose to exceed $45 billion in 2022, representing services for over 2000 aircraft.
- During 2022, several ABS sponsors entrusted Phoenix American to take over the administration of existing structures serviced by other corporate service providers which contributed to business growth.
- The PAFS Ireland office in Shannon, Ireland continued to expand its staff, now employing over eighty people to service aviation leasing clients.
- Additional office space for the Ireland office increased the company footprint in Shannon by over 25%.
- The PAFS Ireland office in Shannon celebrated its fifteen-year anniversary in 2022.
- Phoenix American had a presence at all the major industry conferences in 2022. John McInerney, managing director of PAFS Ireland moderated a panel discussion at the Airline Economics conference in Dublin in May 2022. Robert Cassidy, Senior Manager of PAFS Ireland, moderated a panel discussion at the Airline Economics conference in New York in October 2022.
- Also in October 2022, PAFS Ireland competed in the Cancer Clinical Research Trust (CCRT) charity soccer tournament hosted by Carlyle Aviation Partners in Dublin, Ireland. The event historically raises over €175k annually to benefit breast cancer research.
“We are very gratified by the expanded range of services we are able to provide to our growing roster of clients,” said Joseph Horgan, Senior Vice President at Phoenix American. “We broadened and deepened our service offering looking forward to a very robust 2023.”
“It has been an amazing journey for the company in Ireland over the past fifteen years,” said John McInerney, Managing Director at PAFS Ireland. “We are very excited about the future with the ongoing investment in our people and our physical footprint ensuring we are well positioned to support our aviation clients and continue to grow the business.”